• treefrog@lemm.ee
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I have a penis. My partner a vagina. She’s way better with money than me and uses trig every day for her work (lighting design is math intensive).

Meanwhile, I yell at my computer trying to get my remedial fraction homework figured out.

• jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

When it’s done a self-deprecating humor, I understand. They know it’s not rational, but they still want to do the thing, so they give it a label that’s kind of funny and make a video

• Diabolo96@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

If the trend was started by a girl and is carried by others girls i don’t see the problem. self deprecation isn’t a thing anymore or what ? “Boys will be boys” is about doing the dumbest shit with your friends.

• jet@hackertalks.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I’m lucky I survived my childhood. Beer, guns, teenagers, and the woods make for lots of great boys will be boys stories that horrify me now thinking back.

• Diabolo96@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Most people are lucky surviving past childhood. As kids we have literally no survival instinct and the stupidest ideas.

• Kalash@feddit.ch
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

My theory is, that while calling it “girl maths” to imply it’s bad maths is indeed quite sexist, it kind of get’s canceled out because hating and being bad at maths is actually “cool” and “hip” with the young people.

Can someone please send another big Asteroid our way?

• Pons_Aelius@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

hating and being bad at maths is actually “cool” and “hip” with the young people.

That is nothing new, it is called being a teenager. It is part of the human physiological development where we push back against our childhood authority figures in an attempt to define our selfhood.

You (and I and all of us) were as insufferable as teens as the current generation.

• PotatoesFall
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Is this a real article and not satire? Clearly those videos are making fun of bad financial decisions, they aren’t causing or a symptom of them.

• Vandals_handle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Amortization. How I justify a $600 ski pass. If I ski 30 days, it breaks down to just $20 a day. If I average 15 runs each ski day it’s just $1.33 a run. I also end up skiing more often because my pass is already paid for.