Let’s create a lively community over here.

Should we move / create a wiki, to prevent loss of information if something happens to the reddit wiki?

• Black616Angel
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Please create an infependent wiki. Or otherwise make a mirrored one on multiple existing wiki-servers.

Who knows what reddit does next.

• khaosoiOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I was thinking about creating a hubzilla for this community.

I’m open for hub recommendations.

• infeeeee@lemm.eeM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This hubzilla seems really confusing to me. Can this be used with a lemmy account? Or do we have to register again to edit a page?

If it’s the latter, I recommend gitlab or github based solution, I guess most wiki contributors already have accounts there.

The pirates from reddit moved their wiki to rentry.co. If the pirates can trust that their content won’t be removed from there I guess it’s usable as a quick backup

• khaosoiOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Maybe you’re right and hubzilla is a little overshoot here. Rentry seems good for a backup.

Do you wanna go ahead and copy it there? I’d add the link to communities description.

• infeeeee@lemm.eeM
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

That rentry seems a bit unsuitable after some more testing: no history of pages, no users, just some edit code, so no real collaboration possible. It’s for one man shows.

I copied everything to this gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/microg-fans/wiki

Internal links are not working, as I just copied everything as is. I created microg-fans group on gitlab, I can add you and other users to that, so it’s possible to contribute and edit, and it won’t be under my name.

Jekyll pages can be hosted on gitlab, so it’s quite easy to convert this to a working website. I can set this up later.