No shade to any comrades here in that role. I’m just venting because 1) I hate my job and am officially “quiet quitting,” and 2) I’ve sent out over 120 job applications today and I’m fuckign tired.

• Russian_Bot_6969 [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I have seen lot’s of fail sons and fail daughters end up in the PM role. If you dig into their past, they have an ivy league degree, come from money, are connected to an investor/shareholder in some weird way, and are totally incompetent.

That said, I’ve also worked with some really good PMs that made my job as a programmer/capitalist task master (manager of programmers) easier.

edit: Just realized OP is referencing Project Manager, not Product. Although, after 10 years in this industry I still don’t understand the difference.

• sudoshakes@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Being a PM type role, I feel constantly pressured to show I am not one of the worthless ones. People go in assuming you are an asshole useless empty suit and it takes so much work to build a reputation you are not every time you move groups or teams.

/SMH

I hate loving what I do, but knowing I am surrounded by people failing to serve the people we say we exist to serve.