Glad we’re done with the depraved libs everywhere thing

Like I saw a lib today in the comments and went off on them for being terrible, only to realize that it was one of us doing an excellent bit.

we’re back baby

• Fibby@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Wait, did I miss something? I’m from one of those “lib instances” and I’m not seeing anything about defederation.

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

But they were Canadian which means they’re so polite and don’t look at that pile of skeletons or that one or that one or that mass grave over there sus-soviet

• Fibby@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You talking about this posts?

I did not want to take further actions in that thread in general (for archival purposes), but I did take one action, which in retrospect was a mistake: I removed a comment which contained the hammer and sickle symbol. I ignorantly associated this symbolism with Kremlin propaganda, and the atrocities my own people suffered at the hands of the soviet union during the previous century. Many users (including hexbear users) correctly (and politely) pointed out to me in DMs that the symbol has a much broader use than just as the symbol of the USSR, and people elsewhere in the world may not associate it with the USSR at all. I am grateful for users who pointed this out to me without resorting to personal attacks.

I get hes not a leftist. But I feel like he gets a “one of the good ones” stickers.

• Fibby@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Wait, for real? Thats a pretty dumb thing to say. I’ve seen him be fairly supportive of hexbear.

I saw a comment of him complaining about some Hexbear users calling him subhuman, which got unanimous support that its not okay. But even after that he told users to block individuals and he will not be defederating.

• AOCapitulator [they/them]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

yeah everything has settled in is mostly what I mean, the libs that are still federated know they’ll get got by communists if they spout uncritical bullshit, and everyone else is left adjacent so things have mostly calmed