I need help dechuddifying a family member that is upset about woke culture and diversity quotas.

I’m a soft little bean that doesn’t want to be too intense and cause a fight or anything though. Yes, I know, I’m a pathetic lib. Roast me. But I grew up with a lot of family drama so I really dread going through that shit again.

• SimulatedLiberalism [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Never a chud but I have talked to many before, and it almost certainly has to do with deep insecurities and the feeling of being inadequate because the capitalist system has primed them to blame all their failings in life to be their personal faults.

This is the deeper layer that you have to start from. You cannot convince them with “facts and logics”, you have to approach from the point where their insecurities are causing them to see anything foreign as a challenge to what otherwise could have been a good life for them.

Find out why they feel insecure/inadequate (money concern? failing relationship? abused by superiors at work?) and work from there. Peel off the layers one by one and help them see how the system is designed to make them feel inferior.

Do not start by lecturing them about woke culture or diversity, it will never work and they will never listen. You need to go straight into the root cause of the disease.