I thought E4 was an absolute blast. Definitely stepped as far from book-canon as possible. I would say moreso than any other show. But the writing was spot-on, and the stuff that shocked me at first really doesn’t change where they can go with it.

• cerevant@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I really enjoyed this one. I called that the wolf visions were just the wolves relaying info, not some new power. I also enjoyed the Easter egg for readers in the last couple of seconds of the episode.

• rockerface@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I was thinking that the visions of the past (like the massacre scene in the village) was Perrin interpreting the details of his enhanced smell, but I can see it being both the applications of Wolfbrother ability

• abraxas@sh.itjust.worksOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Hmm… I’m curious which Easter Egg that is; or do you mean the reading of the Prophecy itself. Otherwise, I must have missed it.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Holy flummery!!! I can’t believe I missed that. That’s incredible. It’s a slight pivot on the books, but it explains the discrepancy in a way much more impactful than just “can’t kill a Forsaken”.

I wonder if it’s just an Easter Egg, or the term “saa” will come up. When Ishy didn’t have any saa, I thought it was just on the cutting room floor…

• maegul@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I really enjoyed it too. Probably most of all the episodes … it made me want to watch and know so much more. I am heavily holding myself back from looking up details about book Selene/Lanfear (in part because I’ve started to read the books and am only halfway through book 1).

• forvirreth@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I think they have finally leant into the world building a bit. S2 is shaping up to become fairly good, and what I would have wanted from s1.

• teft@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It’s weird that they’re making all the canonically young Aes Sedai old women. Moiraine, Alanna, and Liandrin are all under 50 in the books. They have older Aes Sedai to choose from if they want to show the agelessness. They could have said Verin was 300 or something.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I think the screen needed an impact for Aes Sedai long life. It was always weird that most of the Aes Sedai we meet in the books are under 50. One of those things Jordan went half-in on. I also think it added character depth to the normally one-dimensional Liandrin.