• Jaysyn@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Xesla has shaved $40k of the MSRP of their top end models since January.

I wonder why that is?

• JokeDeity@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

You mean aside from them literally losing features over time, adding bullshit recurring payments for basic technologies, and promising for like a decade that every year was THE YEAR full auto pilot would come out? Well aside from that stuff, it’s probably all that stuff the guy above said.

• SolidGrue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Hey, my distrust of autopilot lies in the competency of the surrounding Human drivers. They cray-cray. Not that I own a Tesla, mind. I don’t, and won’t.

But autopilot on these streets? Pass.

• GreyEyedGhost@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I trust a well-programmed computer with decent sensors more than an ad hoc chemical computer with mediocre and limited sensors hauled around in a meatbag. And when we have one of those, I will get it.

• nilloc
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They do it to get under the new lower tax rebate limits for cars. Luxury cars are (rightly) getting less tax breaks than they used to. And Tesla is lowering prices to make sure their customers still get the rebates (which is still a huge reason anyone buys electric cars at this stage).

The irony is that Muskrat was railing against rebates and wanted them to be cancelled, but when sensible lowering of limits made his cars uncompetitive, he could magically lower the price to keep the competitive.