Mike Lindell’s behavior in deposition has earned him a motion for sanctions. See all of the exhibits in one cut.

• Tin@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

“How do you sleep at night? You obviously don’t own a My Pillow.”

Wow, that was cringe.

• guyrocket@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Most attorneys LOVE to give you plenty of rope to hang yourself with. Looks like Lindell did that in spades.

• squiblet@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

He’s probably thrilled that Lindell is destroying his defense, committing new offenses, and he doesn’t really care about being called an ‘ambulance chaser’ or ‘disgusting’ 50 times.

• squiblet@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

My favorite part is where the attorney asked him to list the other members of the ‘crime family’.

• Nechesh@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

That was funny but ultimately probably irrelevant to the case except as it relates to giving a view into Lindell’s insanity.

• Facebones@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I know probably most criminals aren’t thrilled with depositions, but the folks questioning these MAGAts probably deserve a medal.

At least one year free therapy. 😂

• KingJalopy @lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Rattling a dude like lindell is probably therapy in itself. I’d pay to have an opportunity to ruffle this guy’s feathers lol.

• Neato@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I imagine, if he dislikes Mike Pillow, he was ecstatic. This guy is digging himself a deeeep hole. Oh my his lawyer tells Mike to calm down and hour and half in. Oof.

• hamster@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s part of his tactics. The calmer you are the crazier it makes the other guy look.

• neilcar@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

More than that, the more you’re not rattled by the angry name-calling, the deeper the other guy goes into it.

• fiat_lux@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I wanted a strong drink after just sitting through the supercut, I can’t imagine how exhausting it must be for the lawyers on both sides.

The defence lawyer is going to need a whole case of the good stuff after that fiasco.

• MNByChoice@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yes. I hope this video becomes training for depositions. I know I would have difficulty staying calm and focused.

• theDoctor@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I knew he was nutty, but holy fuck this guy is actually insane.

If you haven’t, watch at least the first minute of the video. That’s all you need to have your jaw hit the floor at the crazy.

• Nechesh@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yep, this is exactly the reaction of a cornered narcissist. The lawsuit, the deposition, the judge, the lawyer, they are all threatening the illusion that Mike is a great patriot CEO entrepreneur saving this country. The response is a deep, primal rage that he’s only barely containing.

• Pilcrow@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

This man sat in the Oval fucking Office and…check notes…counseled the President of the United States domestic policy.

• treadful@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Lawyer just kept feeding him rope. This guy can’t stand a few seconds of silence.

• SHITPOSTING_ACCOUNT@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

For those who don’t know who that is, from Wikipedia:

Michael James Lindell, also known as the My Pillow Guy, is an American businessman, political activist, and conspiracy theorist. He is the founder and CEO of My Pillow, Inc., a pillow, bedding, and slipper manufacturing company.

Lindell is a prominent supporter of, and advisor to, former U.S. President Donald Trump. After Trump’s defeat in the 2020 U.S. presidential election, Lindell played a significant role in supporting and financing Trump’s attempts to overturn the election result; he spread disproven conspiracy theories about widespread electoral fraud in that election. He has also been an active promoter of unproven medical treatments.

• fiat_lux@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This was a fun watch. I thought maybe that he might be a even just a little less combative when the next day started, but no, straight back into it.

I guess when he started off abusing the lawyer less than 10mins after he met him, that was how this was going to go. Hilarious that the court stenographer refused to come back for another day, I can’t imagine their professionalism is easily tested!

He is a very scared person.

• chicken@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

You don’t remember my question do you?

incoherent ranting

You don’t remember my question do you?

Goddamn

• Hirom@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Please consider posting this type of video on the US News community rather than World News.

• reverendsteveii@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Watching dude get sucked into the trap where he thinks that dominating this conversation is what’s important here is just 😙🤌so sweet. The only thing that could be more fun to watch is his face as what he said gets read back to him in a courtroom and he realizes that feeding his ego in this moment is gonna be what costs him his case.

Use coupon code CONVICTEDONALLCOUNTS to get 20% off a lumpy pillow that you can already get for 80% off at outlet and buyout stores nationwide.

• RaincoatsGeorge@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I watched a little bit. Just another bitch who is caught in a world of shit and there just aren’t enough my pillows to unfuck the situation.

Let them all eat shit.

• roguetrick@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

He complained the judge wouldn’t rule on his motion to dismiss. The next week the judge denied his motion to dismiss. The sanctions request was filled yesterday, so they haven’t responded yet, but we do know that whatever they send will be taking advantage of the “excess pages” rule that their lawyer was too stupid to abide by when they first submitted their motion to dismiss and got it stricken twice. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/63296393/coomer-v-lindell/