• woodnote@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I wish I was better at conflict, especially with my partner. It gnaws at me constantly if unresolved, gives me horrible anxiety (I’m normally not an anxious person) to the point where I can’t eat or sleep. So, I tend to hold back from conflicts altogether. Not a useful solution. I wish I had better advice to offer but in place of that, please accept my commiseration. Hopefully some time to reflect and cool down will prove useful and perhaps your partner will have fresh ideas for resolution when you readdress it.

• frozenmolar@feddit.ukB
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That sounds like you are taking the conflicts all alone, and trying to avoid them. Eventually you might not be able to take more of those and you will have a emotional breakdown.

I think it might be better to sit down with your partner to come up with a solution together. Maybe just to dicuss the one that bothers you the most first, and eventually the others.

It is unhealthy to keep all the unhappy things on one side and not discuss about it. Hope you can get the issues solved soon! Good luck!