• kcfb@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The most egregious action I’ve seen was from a Vizio smart TV I bought several years ago. It shipped with a simple remote control, and a tablet with a control app preinstalled. One day I turned the TV on and was notified that in order to use the updated UI I would need to reach out to support to order (and pay for!) a new remote that had additional buttons.

• enragedchowder@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Just got a used Vizio and I have the same problem. 100% of the time I’m using my Apple TV on one input, but as soon as I turn it off it switches to smart cast. Except it can’t even find my wifi network, so all it does is give me a screen saying it can’t connect. Why can’t it just stay on the input I set it to??

• assassinatedbyCIA@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Well you see if they did that then the shareholders would be sad. You wouldn’t want the shareholders to be sad now would you.

• criticon@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I disconnected my Vizio from the Internet and attached a Chromecast with Google TV because it was getting extremely slow after turning it on because it was trying to download a lot of ads

• _number8_@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

i had a vizio tv in high school, i remember that it quite literally took 10-15 seconds from the moment you turned it on to actually see live picture from an HDMI – it spent at least 2/3 of this time displaying a black screen with a giant ‘VIZIO’ logo. most egregious thing i’ve ever seen.

this isn’t a phone where you turn it off rarely! this is a television!

look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVth6PP9t14 i timed it to TWENTY FIVE SECONDS

• kbtaco@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

This is our current living room tv. It was perfectly fine until a random update made it take 10-15 seconds to turn on and then 15 seconds if you want to change inputs. It’s still our living room tv but I would not buy another Vizio.