• Sjy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Unfortunately I can still reproduce the errors. Happens with a few shows but only when using the Jellyfin app on a fire stick. I’ve never had any playback issues using the Jellyfin app on my Roku TV. So, in those very few situations, I just use plex.

• CeeBee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It sounds like a codec error. I would bet that if you checked the files experiencing the errors it would have some esoteric codec or be a format your host can’t easily decode, or it’s a format the playing device hardware can’t decode but the Jellyfin player doesn’t know that (somehow Jellyfin isn’t getting correct info).

I’ve had that before with a really old avi file with divx. I re-encoded the file to MP4 with h264 and it works perfectly.

• Sjy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Well, thanks friend, tried to figure it out again and couldn’t. But I did a full, I’m going to figure this out and changing some playback settings fixed it. Not sure why it only threw the error on one show, but it’s fixed now…

Now, you wouldn’t have any clue how to setup Jellyfin (or would you be able to point me to somewhere that would help) so it has the option of skipping intros, would you? I’m running it in a docker container on a synology nas.

• Sjy@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

It’s been a while but I saw a disturbing post about Plex recently that reminded me of this - the post was an email that Plex sent someone with something along the lines of “see what * Lemmy user * has been watching recently” which shows they track what people have and are watching from their “private” library. Huge invasion of privacy and I no longer care if it’s easier for friends/family to use, I’ve deactivated my server and been offering extra help if someone struggles with jellyfin.

Anyway, I wasn’t able to get this working. Were you?

• CeeBee@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

To be honest, no. Work got super busy and then we had a couple colds make their rounds at my place. But it’s still on my to do list.