Hello Everyone!

Let’s start a first ever, “What are you playing this weekend?”.

I am still completely enthralled by The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. I am about 50-60 hours in, and still have lots of explore. I don’t want to mention anything that might be a spoiler, but I think I should be around 60% done with the story. I am on media blackout about the game, so I don’t actually know how long it actually it is, but this is what it seems like. Of course, if I go by total amount of Shrines, or Koroks, I am probably just 10-20% of the total.

All my other games are on pause, probably not going to resume anything else until I have finished Zelda.

What about all of you? What are you playing?

• j4k3@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

BotW felt like a road trip across the entire United States. TotK is like watching an epic movie while revisiting the best parts of the road trip experience without all the grind.

One thing I wish I had been told/knew before playing TotK is to follow the main quest objectives as closely as possible from the start. Like you can go do your own thing, find a bunch of stuff, and the game will have built in responses to whatever you end up doing. However, you’ll miss out on a lot of elements and story complexity if you go this route. There are a lot more puzzles and fun stuff to navigate if you do them when prompted instead of finding them on your own.