Apple disputing tests by watchdog that showed radio frequency exposure was higher than permitted.

• rikonium
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I have not heard about SAR in a long time, I’m just glad the days of alleged baseball-sized tumors associated with cell phones and facing the phone towards one’s body are over.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

🤖 I’m a bot that provides automatic summaries for articles:

Click here to see the summary

On Tuesday, the French watchdog which governs radio frequencies also told the tech giant to fix existing phones.

The ANFR has advised Apple that if it cannot resolve the issue via a software update, it must recall every iPhone 12 ever sold in the country.

But the World Health Organization has previously sought to allay fears about radiation emitted by mobile phones.

Apple told the BBC it was contesting the ANFR’s review, and said it had provided the regulator with lab results from the tech giant itself and third parties which show the device is compliant with all the relevant rules.

France’s digital minister Jean-Noel Barrot told French newspaper Le Parisien the decision was due to radiation levels above the acceptable threshold, according to Reuters.

It comes as the Chinese foreign ministry issued a rebuttal against media reports which claimed government agencies had told staff to stop using iPhones.

Saved 69% of original text.

• Tischkante
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Nice timing, since the first remotely substantial upgraded iPhone in the past years just released. Probably just a coincidence.