• Vaggumon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Glad to hear it. I deleted 2 accounts with over 100k karama, and moved fully to Lemmy. I’m here to stay as well. Reddit is dead to me.

• jay@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

100%, 12 year daily reddit user - feels like I’m out of a bad relationship. I moved all my third party apps off three weeks ago and have replaced all my time with Lemmy and the Fediverse.

I didn’t realize how poorly the experience had degraded - scrolling content mindlessly, most interactions were dull and sometimes weirdly antagonistic.

Conversely, my experience on Lemmy has been interesting content with more depth, connecting with people in a warm and welcoming way. I don’t expect this to become reddit - I wouldn’t really want it to.

I am excited for a future here as the third party apps are removed last this week and we can start a new adventure together.

• Candelestine@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Even if this does become reddit, here at lemmy.world, just move to a different Instance, block lemmy.world, and boom. Problem solved.

Would not take long to do. I expect many people will do just this. We’re probably going to be one of the most commonly defederated-with Instances, just due to being the largest and thus, spammiest.

• Margot Robbie@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

But also the one with the most content as well.

Spam control really depends on the ability of the admins and moderation, as well as the quality of the mod tools. Lemmy is nowhere near the size of reddit yet for that to be a problem.

• Victron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Same. I’m not going back. Also, Lemmy/kbin have become way more active than before. I hope they gain more traction.