The wait is almost over (sort of)! Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - the second instalment in Square Enix’s three-part Final Fantasy 7 remake - will be coming to PlayStation 5 on 29th February next year.

We’ve had a couple of glimpses of Rebirth since its announcement back in June 2022, and we know it’ll unsurprisingly be picking up the story from 2020’s Final Fantasy 7 Remake and later InterMISSION DLC - although “preparations” are being made to help you catch up if you can’t be bothered to play through either of those beforehand.

• Kiosade@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

They need to stop limiting these games to the PS5 and release them on PC as well, and not 2 years late.

• Pavidus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I’m a massive FFVII fan, and that 2 year wait ALMOST lost my interest. I finally picked it up, where it remained the most expensive game I had purchased for a good long while. I was happy with that, because I heard “the other installments will be included!”

Guess I heard them wrong. They lost me. I won’t pay 90 bucks again for another chapter of a 2 year old remake of a 30 year old game.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Maybe it makes me a boomer, but I could not get into the remake as much as the original. I hated the real time combat. It made me feel like I could only control one character’s actions well, which made me way more detached from the rest of the characters in my party.

• Flyingostrich@endlesstalk.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yo u are not the only one. I realy enjoy final fantasy games and I like real time combat. I do not like final fantasy games with real time combat.

I have not played the new one fuzzy came out recently, but tried the demo. I was not impressed. And I realy wanted to be…

Imo they have been going downhill since 10. They all have their moments and their appeal, but they are not as good anymore.

• ZekeSulastin@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

FF7R was full game length but ended when the party left Midgar; in the original game that is a bit before the end of Disc 1.

Granted, the Midgar section was greatly expanded for the remake and it’s pretty clear that we’re not necessarily doing a 1:1 equivalence with the original game…

• Hydroel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I think it will released into 3 parts: Remake, Rebirth and the third volume which I don’t think has been titled yet. What makes it even more confusing is that there was an “enhanced” version of FFVII Remake, released on PC and PS5, called Remake Intergrade.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Real time combat just doesn’t make sense! You’re controlling a party of characters. You can’t possibly juggle the attacks and abilities of 3 characters in real time. So it forces you to pick one character to focus on, while ignoring the others. Which is just lame. The last FF I played was 8, so I can talk to how they’ve done it with others more recently.