Surely the shame will cause her to resign immediately.

• PeepinGoodArgs@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I don’t really have a problem with this. It was dark and loud, probably. I honestly couldn’t care less about people groping or being groped. Shit…I would’ve done the same thing if I was Boebert’s date and she let me.

• krayj@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Rewind. Now consider she is representing a political party that proclaims that any/all lewd behavior is demonic in nature and needs to be outlawed into oblivion and that any books that describe the behavior they just performed have already been banned in all schools and public libraries (by said party). That is the current reality, you can’t make this shit up.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

That’s the real issue, her hypocrisy.

But, honestly, if we’re still fretting over Republican hypocrisy, then we’re way behind. Because they’re shameless af.

• Glide@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

This isn’t about turning up your nose at her behaviour. This is about the lying, the shaming of others, and the double standard she continues to perpetuate through American culture.

If this were anyone else, she’d be dragging them, because that’s the kind of piece of shit she is.

EDIT: Autocorrect is vicious.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Yep, nope, don’t care. Trump’s entire brand was being shameless and she and her other right-wing took it up. They don’t care their own conduct, and holding them to it is a waste of time.

• Brokkr@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

There are still other people present who probably didn’t want to be part of their sexual adventures. They were deriving pleasure from the presence of those people but the other people didn’t consent to being in the presence of this behavior. That’s wrong.

• GiddyGap@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s the endless hypocrisy. Claiming to be holier-than-thou on Sundays while pandering to evangelicals with constant end-times rhetoric. Then lying through her teeth and engaging in lewd behavior the rest of the week.