• Stamets@startrek.websiteOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Oh that always sails by me. I’m the idiot who just kept buying lockboxes in Star Trek Online (when I could afford it) because I wanted one specific ship. Granted it’s a pretty ship but still… Fuckin like $100 gone in 5 minutes.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

For real. It’s a disease. If I had saved that money a couple years ago I wouldn’t be completely fucked and wouldn’t have my internet being temporarily suspended on Monday. But no. I had to get a set of pretty polygons in a fucking 13 year old video game.

• swab148@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I probably still wouldn’t have the money, but I’d have way more guitar pedals!

Does this mean that we won’t get any of the famous Stamets memes on Monday?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

I’ve got data on my phone, granted not much of a plan, so there will be a few memes but not many. I’ll probably end up disappearing for a few days until I get paid the week after. Yay for monthly paycheques.

• Pfnic@feddit.ch
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

What? How? Why?

Every time a game makes me feel like I’m required to pay to get anywhere it’s not on my device for much longer. I’m more susceptible to subscriptions though…

• isildun@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

They wouldn’t make these games if they didn’t work.

Part of their shtick is to get you to make any purchase at all. Then you might go on to spend hundreds! Or you might quit. But in some sense that’s also good because the plan was never for you to play for free.