• Sonotsugipaa@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Hey snownyte@kbin.social, thanks for contributing to RedditMigration. Unfortunately, your post was removed as it violates our rules:

7538.21 - Do not insert a whitespace between a ‘F’ and an ‘A’.

Improper use of character sequences may earn you a lengthy (perhaps infinite) ban.

• Madison_rogue@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

At least they received an email. I had a post removed from one subreddit without notification, and only because it poked a little fun at the subreddit’s topic. Overall it was positive, but for one moderator, I assume it got under their skin.

Don’t know how many other posts may have been treated the same. Don’t seem to get that here though.

• snownyte@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

We’re in the part of the fediverse where they have no power here. Well, they do, if they make their own instance and shamefully there are power-tripping people in those instances that are presumably from moderators like these on Reddit. So, yeah I do believe it hits home when they carry that behavior over.

• Lvxferre@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Where’s the part where they misread your comment to give them an excuse to ban you?

…seriously, good mods don’t last long in Reddit. The whole system seems tailored to give power to power-tripping irrationals with too much free time. And what worries me is that, in large part, Lemmy moderation has a similar structure. (I’m not sure on Kbin moderation because I’m not a janny there.)

• apemint@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Pretty much this.

I was asked to help mod a new community, and things were going pretty well for a year or so, but then the sub owner and the other mods gradually disappeared until it was just me and another guy left.

Well, turns out they were moderating/owning 30+ subs on average. We both quit that day.

I just can’t understand what kind of ego boost they get out of being useless cunts in 30 places. How can such little power be so tantalizing to some people?

• snownyte@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah, that’s what stunned me over at lemmy.world and lead me to leave Lemmy altogether. There was a mod, who got mad and gave me a one-warning before ban over a light issue because of an instigating gas-lighting troll troubling everyone. Like, that certainly escalated out of no where.

I don’t have time for that shit. I don’t like seeing it in the Fediverse.

• Haui
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Reddit mod here. That picture is accurate.

• magnetosphere @beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Petty tyrants whose real life is so sad and irrelevant that they abuse the tiny bit of power they have in order to feel important. In the process, they make the decent mods look like pricks by association.

You couldn’t pay me enough to be a reddit mod.

• NekoKamiGuru@kbin.social
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

The word “chud” is an enormous red flag that someone is a radical who has a highly explosive anger disorder that is on a hair trigger.

In my experience they are always one step away from leaping over the table to kick someone on the face then walk away like they have heaven on their side.

• KairuByte@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

The first is useful to weed out people posting in bad faith, bots, alt accounts created to start trouble, etc.

The rest are all BS.

• Ignacio@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

The auto-mod even could remove your 1000 paragraphs essay because it included just one specific forbidden word in a single line in a single paragraph.