• kaitco@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Don’t feel bad, man. I’m one of the 6 folks who enjoyed DA2.

• stopthatgirl7@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I’m also one of that small number. It’s actually my favorite in the series.

Mass Effect 2 is also my least favorite in the series, so I know I’m in the minority for both franchises.

• DragonTypeWyvern@literature.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

If they hadn’t reused the maps it’d been remembered as one of the greats.

I also thought the balance on Nightmare or whatever was an atrocious mix of ubertank enemies and getting one-shot by rogues but the actual story and companions were fantastic.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I can only imagine how good DA2 would have been if BioWare had been given more than a year and a half to make it.

• chuckleslord@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Listen, it might’ve looked cheap as fuck, but I found a certain charm in the “every dungeon interior is just one of three dungeons with different parts blocked off”. Plus the combat flowed really well. I played that whole game through like… 5 times. One right after the other.

• kaitco@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

If you play it after coming off Mass Effect 1, the “every colony bunker or mine is one of three options” regardless of the planet just becomes part of that Old BioWare’s aesthetic.

• Murais@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I guess that makes me number 3?

The ending was a bit silly, but the Qunari storyline was fucking incredible.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

When I found out that fight with Orsino had been mandated by higher ups who demanded another boss fight be added, it explained so much.

• Kahlenar@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

What exactly do you mean by that? Like, he could have indeed been a well meaning mage just trying to live under templar thumbs? Instead of also being exactly the smoking gun?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

The Orsino fight doesn’t make much sense if you side with the mages - there was no reason for him to go Akira monster when he did. Even BioWare acknowledged how little sense it made, in a conversation you can have with Varric in Inquisition.