Saw a post like this on Reddit once and I thought some of the responses were quite interesting.

I collect all sorts of stuff from vinyl records and vintage game consoles to Harley-Davidson dealer t-shirts.

I’m curious about what some of you guys collect, the weirder the better :D

• FireWire400@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Websites.

Three questions: How many e-mail addresses do you have and how do you determine which one to use for which website?

How many Spam e-mails do you receive each day?

• Call me Lenny/Leni@lemm.eeM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

One email address per email website, so about a dozen. Actually this is useful because some websites, when signing up for them, invalidate some email providers due to spammers flocking to certain ones. A few email addresses are personal, a few I actively use for different websites (the ones that are least likely to be marked as spam), and a few I keep as backup; equal numbers for all three. Ironically the email addresses which are associated with the providers people use for spamming are the ones which themselves are the least likely to receive spam; depending on the email address, the number ranges between no spam a day to a dozen spam letters a day.

It’s a habit that grew on me; I had a habit of branching out and I guess you could say a catch-22 formed. Lots of time to reflect without others which turned into the discovery that I want this aspect of me as long as possible. in this sense, having a world record is like having a kid. Each account of mine online links to others and forms a web, and along the way, it begins to speak for itself.

• FireWire400@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

When signing up, do you use real information at all?

This is way more interesting to me than I would’ve thought.

• Call me Lenny/Leni@lemm.eeM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

It depends on the website. Not because I’m deceptive, but because there are some websites that mandate everything about you reflect yourself and some websites that mandate the exact opposite where you use all made up stuff, along with websites that don’t enforce either one (most websites don’t). Fortunately for me, I happen to have a birth name with many variations (Leni itself is a nickname), another name with a few more, and details about me that fall on certain cusps when trying to categorize them. The name thing is why I often seem to go by different names depending on the website I use. It would also require an explanation to those who wish to see how far my world record goes if I didn’t use wholly matter-of-fact information on the websites I use, as, hypothetically, I would need to verify myself on an external level that I am a certain individual, if that would truly work, since, classically, the verification of the world record comes from all the accounts co-identifying as each other in some way.