I have some friends my age still listening to the same bands they used to 20 years ago, complaining about how music today sounds all the same. However I discover something new almost every day and I’m not kidding.

It’s true that some of my discoveries are bands from decades before I was born, so they can’t be considered new, although they are new to me if that makes sense.

What about you? Still listening to the same tunes you used to listen to when you were a teenager?

• randomnick@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I linked it somewhere else in the thread. I’m finding there a lot of “new” stuff really interesting, even some of my favourites album are included here!

• flux@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’ve been meeting up with some friends for five years going through the 1001 albums book. You’d be surprised How much to can identify items in modern music that trace back decades. I love finding albums I overlooked or some that I thought I knew better but never really sat down with the entire album. I also set up and /c/albums@lemmy.world if anyone what’s to discuss albums.

• perezoso@latte.isnot.coffee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Awesome, you’ll find a few gems along the way that will be completely different from anything you’ll normally listen to. Enjoy it