I couldn’t learn this in teenagehood nor early adolescence so I have to learn it now. I don’t want to go into details of my upbringing, but think about a kid living on the streets, growing up only knowing war and survival

• mrcleanup@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Priority 1: are there any things that will be less good if I don’t take action immediately? (Bills due, hungry, out of groceries, bad feelings)

Priority 2: …if I don’t take action soon? (Cleaning up, planning transportation, mending or replacing clothes, setting aside money for future expenses, mental health and recreation)

Priority 3: is there anything I could improve by making plans or making repairs? (Finding a better job, moving to a better home, repairing/improving your current home, investing in current/future relationships)

Priority 4: what could I improve long term? (Education plans, strategies for improving standard of life)

Remember, even though recreation is part of priority 2, don’t let it stop you from addressing priorities 3 and 4. Also remember that friends are an advantage, they expose you to new ideas and points of view, they can help you in times of stress and trouble, and they can help you relax and have fun. Invest time in friends and then continue to invest most in the ones that invest time in you in return.