• igorlogius@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I forsee the creation of another arch based distro that is specifically designed for vegans that will solve this problem

• flicker@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

This absolutely chaps my ass! I said I don’t want dairy! I love gluten goddammit! Why am I being lumped in with celiacs??

• monotremata@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Gluten kicks ass. It’s easily the best fake meat base. I remember in college cooking a meal for my roommates and them saying afterwards “wait, aren’t you vegetarian? did you cook this just for us and not eat any?” and having to explain that no, that wasn’t beef, it was wheat gluten and mushrooms and miso. They were dubious, saying, “well, to me this is just really tender beef.”

So yeah. I’m also disappointed that gluten has gotten such a bad rap. I’m waiting for this knowledge to trickle back into the convenience foods sector so I can buy this stuff and not have to make it by hand every time, and it seems like I’ll be waiting a long time.

• jaybone@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

Not if you’re using LactOS.

EDIT meant to reply to the dairy guy’s comment doh

• bob@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

“I use argan. It allows me to user arch in a non-violent way to adhere to my vegan lifestyle” probably