• Holzkohlen@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

But they feel attacked. They want to continue living in blissful ignorance of how animals are treated or how bad it is for the environment. Same as windows users who don’t want to be reminded what corporate cucks they are. Some even go so far as to become utter bootlickers (see also Elon Musk fanboys)

• Fushuan [he/him]@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I usually ask when someone eats any exotic cereals or processed (tofu, seitan) to 1 have something to talk about (I very much enjoy tofu and all uncommon cereals) 2 know their dietary restrictions to avoid offering them meat or taking care of that whenever there’s an outing. You know, small talk.

• lukas@lemmy.haigner.me
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

… or they’re curious. Schools these days educate people about animal treatment, but some people don’t really care that much, including myself.

• jennraeross@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

The only class I ever had bring it up was my optional college level philosophy class, and even then I’m pretty sure it was more from the professor than the school. I freaking love that man for it, he changed my life. If you want to learn how animals are treated here, most of the time you gotta do the research yourself. Regrettably, very few people care enough to do so…