Let’s leave Steam and other launchers and distribution platforms alone a bit. Also lets stop discussing game engines for moment …

• What are your favorite games that run natively on Linux and what genre are they?

Would be cool if you could write a few words about the game and why it’s your favorite game.

• wintrparkgrl@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Although its been a while, ksp linux was the fist to have 64bit support compared to the windows version. If you haven’t heard of ksp it’s space program/ spaceflight simulator grounden in real world physics/rocket technology with a few caveats. Without mods, the planets are “on rails” and don’t change orbits, and you are only affected by one “gravity source” at a time. The system it takes place in is about 1/10th scale

• jerkface@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I have thousands of hours across dozens of playthroughs, and every single one of them ends the same way; the whole damn universe eventually de-coheres under the pressure of a relatively small quantity of mods and everything gets borked. I swear never again to waste my life playing it, and then start a new campaign 6-12 months later.