Hi folks!

I got my daily driver to work (which wasn’t as hard as I thought) but linphone (VoIP solution) gives me a little bit of headache.

When I try clicking on a phone number in firefox (tel:) it asks for the app, I provided the linphone path but it doesn’t do anything.

Now, I went digging. Turns out they have a gitlab instance with my exact issue unsolved for 2 yrs (but they’re still active). I tried logging in with my gitlab credentials but it doesn’t work. is that because it’s self hosted? How should someone provide issues or other feedback if nobody can log in?

The Issue on gitlab: https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop/-/issues/27

Otherwise the app works great. was even easier to get working than micro sip on windows.

Thanks for reading! Have a good one.

Btw.: I know this is an app specific issue but we don’t have a gitlab community yet, feel free to make one. :)

• nilclass
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

is that because it’s self hosted?

Correct. It’s important to differentiate “gitlab” the software from “gitlab.com” the hosted service. An account is local to one instance, gitlab is not a federated system. “gitlab.com” is one instance running the “gitlab” software. You will have to sign up on each instance to interact with it. Some instances support third party identity providers, so the signup can be delegated to gitlab.com, or github or whatever else is supported. You still have to “sign up” to each instance though.

• HauiOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Thanks for elaborating. That was very helpful. :)