link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

And for all of this gratuitous awful and in your face evil, none of the movies garnered a rating that would shield a delicate child…

I guess I’m smoking whatever the censors rating boards were smoking?

Edit: not censors, rating board. Also, here’s the definition of PG 13, the rating ABOVE the ones given to the OG/good trilogy:

Parents Strongly Cautioned, Some Material May Be Inappropriate for Children Under 13.

In other words, in the entire trilogy, which according to you is brutal and grim, there weren’t scenes deemed inappropriate for children under 13.

• Comrade Spood@lemmyunchained.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Mobile Suit Gundam is rated pg13 and features nudity, genocide, fascism, conscripted child soldiers, and plenty of adult themes. Age ratings don’t mean anything. And you also don’t need an R rating for something to be serious or targeted to adults

• ZeroHora@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

The Dark Knight from Nolan is also pg13 right? That’s is definitely not a children movie.

And is a bat superhero who fight crime with a fucking cape.

• Lauchs@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

A) I think you misread what I wrote where I noted that PG13 is the level ABOVE what any Star Wars was given.

George Lucas, understood that these were movies for children "I wasn’t supposed to say this then, or now, but it’s a film for 12-year-olds,” he says. “In the real world … critics … certain fans. They’re not very nice.” https://ew.com/movies/2017/04/13/star-wars-40th-anniversary-celebration/

Now maybe myself, the ratings board and the writer/director/creator have no idea what constitutes a children’s movie but I’d be surprised.

• ZeroHora@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

You right I misread your comment.

And I think that most doesn’t have idea what is a children’s movie, most underestimate what children can understand and make bad movies.

• Lauchs@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

right I misread your comment.And I think that most doesn’t have idea what is a children’s movie, most underestimate what children can understand and make bad movies.

Sorry, I’m not quite understanding what you’re saying here. Are you saying George Lucas doesn’t know what is a children’s movie?

• ZeroHora@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

No, George, Filoni, Spielberg and others definitely know and do great movies target for children.

JJ tried and failed, some of Boba Fett directors and screen writer doesn’t.

The team of Andor/Rogue one probably knows and are smart enough to know what they want to tell and how far from a children movie their story is, nothing from Andor is target to children audience.