• snota@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

To be clear, it’s a horrible post and I by no means think it should exist.

To be honest I don’t think you should have rehosted the image here, linking the original submission should be good enough.

I’ve not heard anything good about exploding heads but this shouldn’t be used as proof for what I can only assume is defederation.

Firstly, it’s a brand new post, terrible stuff is going to get posted until moderation becomes better.

Secondly, ok it’s posted to a hateful and shitty community called ihatetroons which also shouldn’t exist, but we don’t know how new that community is or if the exploding heads mods are going to get rid of it.

Finally, this post should be removed and a new discussion thread should be generated with the title, ‘should we defederate from exploding heads’. That discussion should be used to gather evidence for defederation and request that mods here open a discussion with the exploding heads mod team to find out what their intentions are. Defederation can then be voted on in the weekly vote.

• Barbarian@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

There’s very little moderation on exploding-heads. It’s one of those explicitly “free speech at any cost” places.

I’ve made my peace with the fact that it’s gotta get a lot worse before there’s a consensus on defederation, and it’s very likely to happen. They’re a nazi bar at the first few steps. Once things get a lot worse with more explicit and extreme brigading and bigotry, then we’ll see more user consensus around this.

• agentshags@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s the user, not the community.

I have counted at least six users from there posting this kind of shit, and it’s getting fed to this server via all.

• ratman150@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I keep hearing about exploding heads and have no idea what it is? Is it a terrible brand or just a terrible group?.. For a while I assumed it was internet beheadings but maybe not?

• goat@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

You’re sorting by All and New, of course you’re going to find stuff you dislike. Just block the communities and move on. :v