Nice…we’re getting ambient light sensors and critter cargo modules for rockets… And we can move critters too.

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Nice. I’m in the middle of getting gas grass and moo farming going. I think I should rethink things a bit given the news.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

This is a game I’d love to play, but I’m bad at Factorio, so I feel I wouldn’t have a chance at this one.

Anyone have any let’s play videos on YouTube that are worth watching?

• Trent@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Sure, GCFungus ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCveCMQmt2OLPhXXz0NDgHbQ ) does a pretty long (but short videos) ‘tutorial bites’ series on game concepts, ways to ranch various critters, good ways to deal with priorities, etc.

And Nathan’s Sandbox ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6802M2GyVD9u2g1dXKbYzg ) has a few “Ultimate Base” series (he’s working on 4.0). Which are good for seeing what’s possible, and seeing how to balance various things.

FWIW, I find ONI easier than Factorio. In ONI your only real active enemy is you.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I’ll check these out, thanks. I think I’d make a far worse enemy then the biters. I just don’t have an engineering mind.

• SEND_NOODLES_PLS@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Francis John has a great tutorial playlist for ONI beginners; always what I recommend for players starting out.

They’re a bit dated, but the concepts are still very much the same.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Oh, I’ve seen his content before for another game; RimWorld perhaps?

I watched some of the other recommendations, but will definitely give him a try.

• SEND_NOODLES_PLS@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah he does a few games in his channel; I remember ONI and Rimworld being the more major ones, iirc.

He also does a few playthroughs, where he’s not really teaching per se, but just starts games in specific scenarios and just plays it across a handful of episodes. They tend to be longer, but they’re nice seeing how he’s approaching problems and planning out solutions as well.

I hope he works out for you!

• neolib@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I really like Tony Advanced on YouTube. His oasise playthrough taught me a lot.