Logline

La’An travels back in time to twenty-first-century Earth to prevent an attack which will alter humanity’s future history—and bring her face to face with her own contentious legacy.

Written by David Reed

Directed by Amanda Row

Note: This is a second attempt, as technical difficulties were preventing people from seeing the original discussion post. Apologies to the people who were able to comment in the original.

• CCatMan@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I must be of the silent minority or something, but I really disliked the amount of advertising was done in this episode. I don’t think I can remember this ever happening in trek before, but yeah. Not for me. Also, while I enjoyed that Kirk used chess to make money, the music choice ugh. What happened?

It’s fine, I don’t hate the show, just didn’t like this episode and really it’s a skip for me. Doesn’t add enough to anything to be a required watch as part of a rewatch.

• lxskllr@mastodon.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

@lwaxana_katana @CCatMan

Heh… I didn’t notice the product placement at all. I’ll have to watch again and see what y’all are talking about.

I’m pretty agnostic regarding brands. It just doesn’t register to me, and advertisements usually disappear as background noise. If there’s a can of Coke™ on the table, I don’t usually recognize it as a proprietary brand, and translate it to “soda”.