I subscribed to a community on a different instance. When I make a comment from tchncs, it appears immediately on the instance hosting the community. But comments that are posted on the original instance do not appear in tchncs. Is the tchncs instance not fetching new comments in real time?

• s4if@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That is the perks of Federated Instances. After you comment on other instances, your instance must relay that to post’s host instance. And it takes time, especially in time like this where many servers struggling due to surge of new users.

• s4if@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Hmm… it is not normal… maybe you contact both tchncs and lemmyfly andmin for clarification…

• MilanMA
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I think instances push to the inbox and not the other way around, so it might not be a local problem… i am not sure tho. What i can say is that the instance is currently not struggling in terms of load. Not even a little…

• kgetpods
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

I’ve been monitoring the following thread from the moment it was created:

original: https://lemmy.ml/post/1216911
            tchncs: https://discuss.tchncs.de/post/38711

• The thread itself showed up here immediately.
            • The comment from @simple@lemmy.world showed up immediately.
            • @Noedel@lemmy.ml’s comment showed up 20 minute or so after it was made.
            • The other comments in the thread (which are from @slrpnk.net and @aussie.zone) are still absent as I’m posting this.

So you’re probably correct about it being a problem with the source instance.
            The thread itself from lemmy.ml being propagated instantly but the comment taking 20 minutes is probably due to lemmy.ml being overloaded

• paracme
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

@geometry dash I think without access to inspect tchncs itself, it’s hard to pinpoint the exact reason. But the investigation points would focus on the sync/federation configuration and ensuring API inteconnectivity between the instances.