che-cigar Votes are earned.

• kool_newt@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You do not have a morally superior position because you personally feel scared by one of the two sides

I have a morally superior position because I’m trying to reduce harm while you’re trying to get your party into power.

• RollaD20 [comrade/them, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

while you’re trying to get your party into power.

Said the individual campaigning for votes for dems.

If you and the people you are organizing with (I’m sure you organize irl) decide to engage in entryism. Good for you, hope it goes well. I’ll tell you, historically, it typically doesn’t go great.

Newsom literally just vetoed a bill to protect trans kids in california despite overwhelming democrat representation and approval, that’s the most recent ratfuckery the democrats have pulled in a long line of them. You’re telling people to run for office? Tell me what happened to Bernie, an extremely milquetoast left option but still too disruptive to DNC corporate interest.

I agree with you people should vote, they should vote for third parties. they should communicate to political institutions that what we have is not working. But too many Americans have latched onto their dumb sports team red-blue politics game rather than trying to actually understand what political power is materially, theoretically, and historically. If we do engage in entryism (we shouldn’t) it should be organized so as not to get subsumed and crushed. If you are personally compelled to vote for the democrats out of personal interest, I will not stop you. But I am not interested in crumbs dusted from the table.

• kool_newt@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Said the individual campaigning for votes for dems.

Because Dems are less (“LESS” not “NOT”) harmful to minorities and will make my job of trying to end capitalism less risky. I don’t care about Democratic power itself. If you have a better idea to reduce harm I’d like to hear it. I’m pretty sure revolution is going to hurt many vulnerable people.

Newsom literally just vetoed a bill to protect trans kids in california despite overwhelming democrat representation and approval

First off, you’ll notice people calling this a “betrayal”, because they expected more from a Democrat, this and worse would be typical and expected for a Republican. Second of all, I didn’t read the law but read Newsom’s note about it and kinda agree. Newsom is not motivated by trans hate lol.

You’re telling people to run for office? Tell me what happened to Bernie

You give up that easy? Good luck trying to revolt against the world!

I agree with you people should vote, they should vote for third parties.

Math doesn’t give a shit about opinions, voting third party in our system is a losing proposition. Use it for signalling in safe districts.