I wish there was an alternative to leaving Reddit

• WhiteBreadBuddha@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m feeling pretty good about Lemmy, honestly. I wasn’t sure how I was going to fill my downtime, but this and mastodon may just pan out for me

• Heliumania@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s still hard to transition ! Especially with a lack of good apps on mobile (at least iOS). It’s only the beginning

PS : It’s my first comment on Lemmy (yay!)

• Rompetomp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m using mlem right now (you need to TestFlight it), and while being rough around the edges, it’s got potential, and it’s already better than the mobile web ui of Lemmy

• goforliftoff@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Are you using Mlem on iOS? I keep switching back and forth between the mobile site and mlem. Not sure which I like better at the moment.

• aponigricon@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I finally got Mlem to work after fighting the iOS updater all night, and it’s honestly much nicer to use than the web interface. It feels extremely reminiscent of Apollo for Reddit.

• GreenCrush@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Have you tried using the mobile site? App selection on Android isn’t the best but the mobile site is actually pretty good.

• Tug@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Except for the constant pestering to use the app that has been going on since about September last year. It’s why I went to Relay

• Scaldart@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Yeah! I’m still new to everything here, but nothing has yet broken to the point of un-usability. That’s more than I can say for the official Reddit app. Lol.