So far Lemmy is vibing. Everyone here is excited and optimistic and willing to put up with a few rough spots to be part of something.

When the Eternal September comes, which it will, how does a Lemmy instance deal with bad actors?

• fubo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The same Elder Internet that spawned Usenet also spawned furries, which seem to have become a standard test case for “so just how tolerant is your community?”

• manitcor@lemmy.intai.tech
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

i mean as far as they go, strange to me and mostly harmless. I’m running a SFW instance, no fukkin clue what the line there would be (halp is welcome lol), was not a huge thing in the forums I ran back in the 00’s. Overall im not queazy but im sure there will be drama, these days I expect drama over everything.

this is also a reason I run topical subs rather than just having OT, general or shitpost subs. Ill have an OT channel usually but if its drama becomes too much a distraction its well enough to just shut it down.

for the more personal and off-topic style subs where people are more “hair-down”…fireworks im sure.