My favorite is the araucária popularly known as Paraná pine.

• nemesis@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Weeping willows have an ancient forest spirit vibe that I relate with. Weeping cherries for when I’m feeling pretty

Also while technically not a tree, I have a special fondness for Yucca brevifolia (aka Joshua trees)

• 小莱卡@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ceiba.

Huge trees and their seed gets spread very interestingly, it grows this fruit and when it blooms it turns into cotton with the seed in the very middle. Since it’s so light it gets blown with the wind and thus it spreads the seed. Also they’re huge trees.

• purahna@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Redwoods absorb water through their foliage because they’re too tall to efficiently carry water all the way up from the ground and I think that’s based as fuck

also new acc what up comrades I’m here to hang out from hexbear ✌️

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Birch

The white peeling bark looks beautiful in a summer forest, and it reminds me of the birch swamps of Belarus. The bark also burns in a way that pops and cackles, and that sound is part of very many fond memories.

• modulus@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My favourite is the birch, but I also like oaks, as they can be very majestic and give shelter to a lot of different species, and chestnut trees, because of their fruit.

• QueerCommie@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I love birches. When I was little I survived an overnight camp primarily on birch bark, and I’ve been wanting access to decent quantities of it since. Last year I finally got to planting multiple Black and Yellow birches.

• Nops@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Difficult decision, there are so many beautiful trees species. I think I prefere Liriodendron tulipifera

• Capitalist Tears@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I love flora over fauna, plants never seize to amaze me with their diversity. Eucalyptus trees have a special place in my heart, to an extent that I sometimes dream of them haha

• PunsNRoses@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Aesthetically I love Sequoias, but I really love the Eucalyptus trees that grow near my house. They smell so good!

• cucumovirus@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ginkgo biloba, it’s a living fossil, has some very interesting properties, and I really like the unique shape of its leaves.