• buzz86us@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Yup it really sucks we don’t get good EVs because so far all the legacy automotive companies want to keep on making ridiculous SUVs.

• redfellow@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I think we already have good EVs, variety will increase. Happy owner of a Polestar 2 speaking.

The silly range anxiety is what’s fueling larger vehicles at the moment, even though 90% of users could do with smaller capacity smaller EVs.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I drive a Prius. Those “rolling coal” assholes blow black smoke at me all the time, I guess because I’m some sort of “woke commie” for getting better gas mileage than they do.

• buzz86us@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Meh I would love some of the more affordable models to hit we need to relax Tariffs to allow for more choice, and more affordable batteries, because the US is trying to manifest a battery industry out of thin air, and the players that have the more innovative products aren’t getting funding. I like how the Chinese are able to buy as much car as they can afford with the amount of volume

• Nougat@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

CAFE standards are pushing the industry towards large wheelbase vehicles, which are not required to be nearly as efficient as small wheelbase vehicles. It costs money to make a vehicle more fuel efficient, and it costs money for an automaker to put a serious EV program into place (not just “here’s one EV that can’t compete with Tesla and China, which we will cancel in a year, please buy the SUVs instead”).

Turning up that serious EV production requires a long term committment, long term investment, and a willingness to wait beyond the next two quarters for the return on that investment.

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

There are few memes I actively dislike. This is one of them. Like, where’s the joke? Am I supposed to laugh at a remark that annoying nazi kid in your class make because they think it makes them look smart? Like even the base premise is abusive and shitty.

• Deiv@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Meme has Wendy’s, comment is taking a tangent, how is it not a normal fit for it? It’s not a genius usage of it, but it’s not like it’s out of place

• LufyCZ@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

I think it’s place is in cases where someone goes on a massive rant that’s completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

I’m def not hating as much as the other guy lol, he’s deranged

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Nah there’s no place for “thank you for opening up, we’re going to punish you for showing vulnerability”

• Deiv@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

Lmao how do you take a joke as a punishment, who hurt you?

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                9 months ago

That’s another meme that only exists to punish people for not conforming to white supremacist society.