• jawa21@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Ok, I can’t find a source for them actually doing that. I’ve tried for about an hour. Absolutely no even remotely credible news source has this as an article or even a blog post. Other than that, Pringles cans are specifically designed to prevent all of the crushing, along with the crisps themselves. And, uh, they are sold by weight meaning this holds no real merit even if a source for this could be found.

• jcit878@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

they just shrank the whole size a few years back in Australia. even skinny people can’t get their hands in now

• Quatity_Control@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Which is my point. There is no reason to increase the air in a Pringle’s can. They have reduced the size of the can, increased the amount of air, all in the name of shrinkflation. Same as other bagged chips. All the excuses is just marketing bs.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Go on, have a google. The weight has consistently and distinctly and excessively changed. Surprise reveal, the changes only ever give you less product for the same, or higher price.

• BlanketsWithSmallpox@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

You specifically said they added more air, aka empty space to the cans.

I don’t see anything anywhere, like the other poster above said lol.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

I mean, it’s a particularly bold type of stupid. Other poster claimed the air was for freight reasons. I asked for the source, and there was none. If you bothered to at least google, there’s plenty relating to air in chip packaging, including Pringle’s. Pro tip for amateur googlers: Add shrinkflation to the search to get specific results!