• Quatity_Control@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Absolutely do. At least once a week. Was there a point you were trying to make or was it an attempt to gatekeep corn chips?

• spauldo@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

OK, first off - gatekeep corn chips? You need to get off the internet more often.

Second, you enjoy nachos made of tortilla crumbs?

• spauldo@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

An entire bag? Never. A bag with more than half the chips broken into pieces too small for dipping? More often than I’d like.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

And you think more air has and will continue to reduce broken chips? Don’t you think there is a point of diminishing returns?

• spauldo@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

I’m sure there’s an optimal amount of air to balance space and protection.

But I was responding to the “no one ever complained about broken chips,” which is patently false. I’ve complained.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  9 months ago

Im going to put a crazy idea to you: 95% of bags you open do not have excessively broken chips. That 5% that do, suffered an incident in transport that regardless of air, resulted in broken chips. And if you honestly are complaining about a few broken chips a rare amount of times, the issue is with you and not the chips.

I will also add that as more and more air is introduced, it’s creating more space in the bag for chips to move, collide, and break.

Finally, imagining that the more and more air being introduced to chip bags is anything other than a way to increase the size of packaging while reducing the weight and volume of the actual product is just foolish. If that’s the path you are choosing, gl with that.