• Batpool23@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I got my wife a moissanite ring. Looks great and just about as strong as diamond. It is time to use advertisements as guide what not to buy.

• Double_A
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I hope you refused her. Would probably make your life easier in the long term?

• PolarisFx@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

My life is actually easier long term. I’ve never been attracted to white women. My mom is an affluent white Karen, my sister is on her way to being the same. My dad and sisters SO are constantly fighting, mostly to get them to shut up for 5 mins.

My wife is cold, blunt and super hot. She looks just as good at 40 as she did at 20. Leaves me alone to do my own thing, when we found out I was shooting blanks it wasn’t a huge deal, she was upset we wouldn’t have a kid but she stuck with me anyway. I’ve gotten used to the way she is and will play damage control when she has to deal with other white people. I am a glorified man servant to her whims sometimes.

But at the end of the day I’m happy. Which is more than I can say for my closest friends who have been through multiple divorces

• Karyoplasma
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

My cousin’s ex-wife is Chinese. She left him because their son of 2 has chronic asthma and that interferes with her career.

Chinese girls, man…

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Ahh I know the type, mine isn’t that bad but maybe had she went into a different field she might’ve ended up that way. The men in her family are that way though. One’s a cardiologist, didn’t have kids on purpose. Married a woman with an older kid, doesn’t really parent just throws money at the kid.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Oh no she’s a science teacher and is obsessed with the hardness of diamonds. I bought her a synthetic which she wasn’t pleased with but I’ve had words about I feel about DeBeers and diamonds in general. Love won out, or begrudgingly won out in the end.