I have almost 11k behavior score(I reached this week) and low MMR, and in my last 8 games all of them I have a 0/5 on my team by minute 6-7, I can gank their lanes, give kills, they just lose it anyway. It is also common, almost every game, to someone actively grief like sup 4 abandoning the lane early minutes and refusing to participate in fights as well.

I’m confused cause after the first behavior score update my games felt a little better but something between the compendium patch or the fact I reached almost 11k on BS feel wrong, it is a lot worse than before the behavior update.

Anyone with high behavior score is feeling something related?

• Yurnero91@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

My behaviour score is 10025 and also had now four losses in a row since the new update. I don’t think it’s the behaviour system. It’s just that some new people or old accounts started playing Dota (again) because of the compendium release.

• Azzu@lemm.ee
      cake
      M
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Also 4 losses in a row, while a bit of a statistical outlier, happens ~6% of the time, so also will happen to everyone a lot of times over a usual hundreds-of-games dota career, even without any special reason for it.

• angrymouse@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

new people or old accounts started playing Dota (again) because of the compendium release

This can actually explain a lot.

• Azzu@lemm.ee
    cake
    M
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Idk, you said “I have a 0/5 on my team by minute 6-7”. This is easily possible if someone plays badly or there is a bad matchup, in fact it’s very common, since dota is very snowbally. I wouldn’t even mention something like that, the fact that you did seems a bit weird.

Also “common, almost every game, to someone actively grief like sup 4 abandoning the lane early minutes and refusing to participate in fights”… I’d like to watch the replays of these games, if you still have them. I mean if they’re not doing anything, sure, but there are often good reasons to leave a lane. It’s just very rarely been my experience that you get actual griefers, most of the time they just don’t think they can do anything in the lane anymore and try to do something else, like try and get an item which they think they need. It most likely isn’t the correct play, but yeah, people don’t play well all the time, that doesn’t mean they’re actively griefing.

I get like one actual griefer every 25-50 games or so, so you saying “almost every game” seems incomprehensible to me. Also at 11k behavior score. Honestly, to me it sounds more like a perception issue on your end, like that you focus too much on badly playing teammates. I know it’s frustrating if your team plays badly, but that doesn’t mean that they’re actively trying to lose, they often just don’t know better, especially since you said you’re low MMR.

So yeah, replays would be interesting, and also, which region are you in?

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m from SA, and I know I’m bad, here are some replays from my last 10 games:

Dire side, top lane started to blame each other on minute 2, literally. HC accusing support of doing nothing and support accusing HC of not farming properly, they kept the pissing each other the entire game and their top lane axe carried the game: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7359461749

Mid abandoned https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7358202520

Wind started to blame Magnus of being too passive around minute 2, after some minutes abandoned the lane and refused to participate in TFs https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7358155132

Crystal mid, at certain point their invoker was lvl 12, and she was 8 (you can say it was not intentional but is at least a big problem with matchmaking): https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7358121631

A very similar situation, their mid just crushed the game: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7357838267

Lich 1/19/7 swearing the team: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/7356437017

As I said, last week I had a lot of fun playing bad or playing good, losing or winning. I had more than 100 matches on 7.34, it this week I feel can’t do shit, and appears that is just my bad luck.

• Azzu@lemm.ee
        cake
        M
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

So I actually looked at all games from the perspective of the players you have a problem with. I can definitely understand how you did not have fun there, those games did indeed seem to suck. However, I do have a bit of a different outlook on the games, and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have bothered me most of the time, so maybe it is my perception which has an issue :D But definitely kudos to you for actually providing replays, most of the time when someone makes these kind of posts, they don’t, which I always find suspicious.

G1, you can’t see team chat/voice in replays so I don’t know what happened there… But what I do know is that Axe is playing against a dual melee lane and a 4 melee enemy team, as one of the offlaners most well known to shit on melees. It was theoretically kinda necessary that VS went top, having a dual melee against him is a death sentence, this match was bound to be a loss even if no one would have blamed each other. From what I saw in the replay, the Sven played decently well, Treant though indeed looked like he mentally gave up pretty early, ~10 mins, though he tried at least most of the time.

If I was in that game, I probably would’ve just muted on the very first instant they started flaming each other (depending on how bad it was) and then would’ve probably had an acceptable game, even though a loss most likely.

G2, I mean at least it was an even 4v4… who knows why they abandoned but both didn’t look like rage quits or anything, probably something came up in their lives like unreliable internet or whatever.

This just wouldn’t have bothered me at all, when someone abandons out of the blue like that I never assume bad intentions, life just happens sometimes. If it’s a 4v5 it sucks but nothing to be done, but in a 4v4 I wouldn’t even have said it sucks, just a fun new experience, I mean how often do you get to play dota 4v4 :D

G3, of course Magnus is too passive, WR was almost useless as a support :D however one interesting thing I noticed… when she was killed the first time at 13 minutes, WR muted/reported Centaur, which was you. Now of course I don’t know what was said there, if you were responding or whatever, but it shows me that you don’t seem to have the best reactions against these types of players. Honestly, except for leaving the lane, the alternative things she did were actually all pretty good up until that point. Only after she muted/reported you did I notice that things went downhill in her gameplay, and I see the behavior you complain about.

Honestly… just mute and move on. Again, I have no idea what actually happened, but the fact that WR muted/reported you means that you didn’t just mute and move on, but argued with her on some level. Engaging with these players almost never helps, even if “they started it”. And mostly it hurts even more, like it seems to have in this case.

G4 I mean Crystal Maiden mid :D to me this looks like an all-role-queuer who usually gets only support who was suddenly thrust into mid one game, not really expecting it. Even going support, not mid, items. I mean she honestly didn’t do terribly until like 10 minutes, but then you of course notice that you don’t have a midlaner in the game, but 3 supports.

Very unfortunate imo. CM probably shouldn’t have queued mid, but “all roles” has been pretty standard amongst support players for a long time now, almost never getting a core role. As an “all role”-queuer myself, I also recently noticed that I actually got a lot of mid and offlane, which probably takes a while for support players to adjust, i.e. actually changing to only queuing support.

G5 In general, OD is an absolute lane dominator 1v1, so the lane is supposed to be lost if not helped. Not against sniper, weirdly enough, but Sniper had no idea how you need to play against OD. So 1. mid was not helped by anyone, so it would’ve been a loss normally anyway, and 2. Sniper didn’t know how to play against OD.

But what stands out to me more is that your lineup was extremely bad early game with a really good lategame, while theirs was an extremely good early game with a bad lategame. But your team played as if they had a good early game, trying to fight, while you needed to dodge fights as much as possible to have a chance to get to the lategame. I’d just call that an outdraft in general, but I think it could have been winnable if the supports helped against OD mid which is usually necessary and then everyone just tried to shove lanes and dodge fights, but yeah, it would have always been miserable the first 30 minutes.

G6 that was a disaster :D both Lich and Necro fed Pudge like crazy. And the snowball just kept rolling, it kept getting worse. Honestly Lich was doing the right thing in general, trying to defend the lane when Necro went into jungle (which was also quite a bit of a grief), but of course just kept feeding more since he was still playing badly and now also frustrated.

Funnily enough Lich also muted/reported you 6 minutes in. I’m sorry to say it, but I sense a pattern… Yeah, Lich sucked, and yeah, as you said, they were probably swearing the team. But just mute them and move on, don’t engage and make it worse.

In total, yeah, not the best bout of dota you’ve had, I’m sorry for that :( Definitely bad luck to have so many in a row. But I also have to say that it seems like the games could have been much better with a different mindset, especially “mute and try to move on” is just ultimately so helpful in these instances. Try to have some fun doing weird shit after that, even though it’s most likely a loss.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

G2 was actually a 4x5, later WK came back and finished the game.

About G3, I just cannot agree. WR left the lane at 3 min, Magnus was dived at min 5, her TP was not on cooldown, and she missed a kill on lion at minute 6:40, but she just refused to play with Magnus. I don’t remember what I have said but yeah, I usually interact with ppl during matches, maybe it is my fault, earlier I was very worried of her soaking XP from other lanes while Magnus was not able to get a level advantage as well.

G4 and G5 were not horrible toxic, CM was very salty but manageable and Sniper was just a dude, but the gap was so big it was annoying.

About G6 and G3, I don’t understand how it was ok for WR on G3 to leave a drawn lane at min 3, but Lich here is right trying to defend a tower alone and getting 0/7 in 6 minutes, for me is the exact opposite, I even remember asking him to leave the lane, maybe we should have switched idk, this game would be hard anyway

But I agree with the point of just mute and move on, should do it more.

• Azzu@lemm.ee
            cake
            M
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

I’m not saying they did the right thing, I’m sayind considering the circumstances, they tried their best. Remember how you said there were griefers in all your games. I saw 0 griefers, only angry people making bad decisions and venting their anger.

What I saw when spectating them was bad plays, not intentionally throwing. WR was convinced Magnus can’t be helped, if you exclude not going to Magnus, the rest of the stuff she did seemed fine, but of course she shouldn’t have given up on Magnus. Lich could’ve actually survived in lane, at least gotten XP and defended the tower relatively long by pulling the creeps back, but of course not in the way he did it, he just kept dieing. But none of the deaths looked intentional.

I know I’m often playing badly, making the wrong decisions, so why should I care when others do the same, no matter the reason? Sure, getting angry and flaming is bad, but I also sometimes get the urge, it’s a natural, albeit bad, thing.

• spacebirb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

My brother in Christ, you said you’re in low MMR, the players are gonna be bad. High behavior score != high skill.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I don’t think you even tried to read my entire post. I have 3k hours in dota, I know what is toxicity and this is clearly a new situation. If you read my post you can even see that my experience was good with the new behavior system, even in low mmr, but got horrible in the last patch.

In any moment I talked about skill alone, I’m talking about trolling, toxicity and unbalanced matchmaking. Low mmr != toxicity.