This is an attempt to move some iPod fans from Reddit to Lemmy! Show your (un)modded iPods, accessories and exchange on great mods!

• exocortex
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I never went to any iPod-subreddits, but I still use my iPod all the time (with rock box though). Also got one for my SO and my parents as well.

the iPod for me is the best proof that apple is shit - the only product they ever made that i liked was made worse by them restricting it to the apple ecosystem (iTunes only etc) and then discontinued by them. It’s a great product. And I also don’t care too much when people talk about other players having better audio quality. Usability is a bit factor as well and there nothing came close.

• ratzkiOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I also would like it to be more open, while usability is great. Despite some negative changes in iTunes/Music, I still like the library management software. It seems that rockbox + clementine/strawberry might be worth trying for FLAC, but I am afraid that central Playlist management might suffer.

• exocortex
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I never use it with any music player. I only just copy files on and off it. I like to listen to whole albums so no playlists as well. If I choose individual tracks I make a playlist on the device. I like that I can use ogg on Rockbox which is a good compromise on compression vs battery-life.

Flac is too large for the iPod and the differences are also not noticeable.