Solution

Uninstall AMDVLK, you should probably use vulkan-radeon anyway.

I think there was a wine / proton update earlier today, I’ve just tried to launch the game from Steam and gotten the aforementioned message. I’ve found out that the message is common on Nvidia and Intel Arc GPUs but not AMD. I was wondering if anyone is now experiencing the same thing and if anyone knows a fix, I was quite looking forward to sinking another day into Starfield tomorrow…

• Mereo@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Gotta love that in Lemmy, you can edit the title. Thank you for posting the solution.

• bighatchester@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

So weird that much bigger platform hasn’t figured this out yet . I know Reddit can’t and I was told by someone else that twitter can’t either.

• H2207@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

No problem, I dislike it myself when I have an issue and there are no posts mentioning something similar or the OP deleted their post.

I also find it annoying when the solution is buried somewhere in the comments, so I make them as visible as possible.

• mranderson17@infosec.pub
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

We are in a weird state it seems where some stuff requires amdvlk and some stuff requires that amdvlk not be installed… Like the latest gamescope doesn’t work for me when it’s installed unless you explicitly set the AMD_VULKAN_ICD=RADV env var but raytracinginvulkan requires the amdvlk package since it’s not as mature of a project and makes too many assumptions.

• Mereo@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Try proton experimental. I play all games on it with no problems. Perhaps the p et oblem has been fixed in proton experimental.

• H2207@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Yes I tried Proton-8.0.3 and Proton GE 8.16 to no avail. Got the same issue.