• TopRamenBinLaden@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Squeezing every inch of productivity from a human is just a product of late stage capitalism and happens no matter what.

This technology, by itself, would improve the employees lives by making it so they don’t have to waste their time and walk quite as much.

• thenofootcanman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Could the same tech not be applied to machines instead of humans? I dont see how this would make peoples lives easier. It would just increase the expectation of how much they pick.

• TopRamenBinLaden@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Yea, I totally agree that we should be making tech to get rid of tedious labor like that. I’m just saying that if a company chooses to increase its employees quota that’s more just a consequence of companies putting profits over people like they do. The tech itself can be used solely to make employees lives better at less heartless companies.

• thenofootcanman@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

The reality will undoubtedly be the first one though, which is something straight from dystopian scifi. No company is going to spend all that money on AR headsets to make their worker’s lives better.