link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Carrying them openly at camp sites and in national or provincial parks is not.

More people carrying guns will result in more suicide, more domestic violence murders, and more accidental homicides than it will prevent human deaths from fucking bears.

Grow up.

• sudo22@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Go unarmed then. I don’t actually care what you do. But if carrying a gun gives me a last resort to save my family in bear country, I’m going to train and carry.

If holding a gun makes you suicidal, homicidal, or if you’re worried you’ll accidentally kill someone, don’t carry or seek training.

Do what’s responsible for you.

• masterspace@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

if carrying a gun gives me a last resort to save my family in bear country, I’m going to train and carry.

If holding a gun makes you suicidal, homicidal, or if you’re worried you’ll accidentally kill someone, don’t carry or seek training.

Do what’s responsible for you.

… show me a boomer who doesn’t understand how mental illness, hunting accidents, or statistics works ✅

That gun is still more likely to kill a loved one or a fellow innocent person than it is to save your family, but you don’t care about that because having a big boom stick still makes you feel warm and safe and like you don’t have to worry right?

• sudo22@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Lol. You have to resort to insults because you don’t have a logical position