Why YSK: Beehaw defederated from Lemmy.World and Sh.itjust.works effectively shadowbanning anyone from those instances. You will not be able to interact with their users or posts.

Edit: A lot of people are asking why Beehaw did this. I want to keep this post informational and not color it with my personal opinion. I am adding a link to the Beehaw announcement if you are interested in reading it, you can form your own views. https://beehaw.org/post/567170

• Myriadblue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

True, but unsubbed from them when it happened because I don’t want to see communities I can’t interact with.

Why add to the problem and have frustration with wanting to discuss something you are blocked from?

• rimlogger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

They have every right to protect themselves against spam. But that said, ever since they defederated, their activity and user numbers are down.

• Myriadblue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Agree that they have every right to handle their instance however they want. I also have the right to not interact with them while they are blocking the instance I call home.