I’ve made a spreadsheet with a bunch of phone options. Mostly Samsung, Pixel, but there’s a couple Motorola and One Plus. I’m most comfortable with Samsung Galaxy but I’m open to changing. I looked up the main considerations and it seems like Megapixels is pretty much the biggest factor but I want something that can zoom in and still get a decent focus.

I can’t bring myself to spend $800 on a phone, I think the most I’ve ever spent is $350 and it felt painful but I’m also tired of being disappointed in my camera quality so I’m willing to go a little higher. My point being that I’m not asking for the best camera on the market because I’m sure I can’t afford it. Even used S53s are being sold for like $700 lol. So I’m guessing something a couple years older. Please advise 🙏

• KilgoreTheTrout@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The best value proposition a used Pixel. Get 5 years of security patches, much better point and shoot camera for basic everyday stuff.

And 40% cheaper at MSRP compared to Samsung and they don’t have mid-range phones with bad chips like a54.

Pixel 6 Pro can be found on the resale market for like $275 bucks. It’ll still get three more years of software support. r a Pixel 6a for 200 on Amazon renewed will get four more years.

You just can’t get the same kind of value with Samsung because once you’re down to 300 400 bucks you’re stuck with the a series. The a series just doesn’t retain the stuff that makes Samsung worth it like dex.