hello I’d like to know if I can play League on the deck with a keyboard and mouse in docked mode.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I wasn’t able to follow this guide it was to complicated

Also I thought league of linux moved to lemmy

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I wasn’t sure if I did step 3 or 4 correctly a d when I did step 5 it failed.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

On step 3 I went to /etc/pacman.conf and I couldnt find [multilib] I could only find [multilib-rel]. So I added ‘[multilib] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist’ like the guide said. Then I did sudo pacman -Syu and the update failed.

holo-rel is up to date core-rel is up to date extra-rel is up to date community-rel is up to date multilib-rel is up to date multilib.db failed to download error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from steamdeck-packages.steamos.cloud : The requested URL returned error: 404 error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

This is my pacman.conf file and at the bottom is the line I added for multilib.

Then after that I went through the steps and got to installing lutris. Which gave me this error for every package required. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y error: python-lxml: signature from "Felix Yan " is unknown trust :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python-lxml-4.9.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)). Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] ^C

• Synthead@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                8 months ago

Thank you for the great logs and very thorough reply! Here’s what I’d do!

On step 3 I went to /etc/pacman.conf and I couldnt find [multilib] I could only find [multilib-rel]. So I added ‘[multilib] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist’ like the guide said. Then I did sudo pacman -Syu and the update failed.

holo-rel is up to date core-rel is up to date extra-rel is up to date community-rel is up to date multilib-rel is up to date multilib.db failed to download error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from steamdeck-packages.steamos.cloud : The requested URL returned error: 404 error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

Since the [multilib-rel] section is already there, I’d just make sure that’s uncommented. I wouldn’t add the [multilib] section. Seems like that could be a typo perhaps. In the upstream Arch mirrors, it’s [multilib], so they probably got it mixed up. If this works, I’d write the author of this guide to have them correct it.

Then after that I went through the steps and got to installing lutris. Which gave me this error for every package required. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y error: python-lxml: signature from "Felix Yan " is unknown trust :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python-lxml-4.9.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)). Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] ^C

Sounds like the PGP keys are either not synced or out-of-date. Assuming the Deck works like upstream Arch, you should be able to run:

pacman-key --init
                pacman-key --populate

After this, try your pacman command again.

More information here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Package_signing

Hope this works! Let me know if you run into any more friction and I’m happy to help!

• klangcola@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

To be fair that guide is a lot of big command-line prompts for anybody not used to using the terminal, even if it’s all copy-paste

• Rin@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

That’s what i was also thinking. Since it’s all copy and paste, it might be worth making it a simple script someone can just run.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I wasn’t sure if I did step 3 or 4 correctly a d when I did step 5 it failed.

• priapus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Why does that guide recommend turning turning of Lutris runtime and installing wine dependencies manually? That’s the entire point of the Lutris runtime. It should work with fine skipping straight to installing through Lutris.

• nekuOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I used Fedora for 6 months and only had issues because of Riot Games (pushing bad updates that break Linux/Lutris). Linux itself was perfect