• Nythos@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Why do uptight Americans always go straight for “we saved your arse in WWII” whenever they feel the slightest bit offended someone riffed their country a tiny bit.

• Ejh3k@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Oh? The greatest credible threat to the world? Not saying that dropping two nukes on the country that invaded and raped or killed uncountable numbers of people is heroic, but without us and the lend lease, Europe was fucking done for.

Also, none of us say arse.

Thirdly, we fucking did save your ass in ww2. Also in ww1. I’m literally never the ugly American in public, I’ve had Turkish taxi drivers in German ask me why I want to go to the American army base because I’m so not that person.

But give credit where it’s due.

• sock@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

ur funny

you saved nobodies ass and its EMBARRASSING youre taking ANY credit when you probably ask for help getting a milk jug out of the fridge.

you saved nobody. america now has saved nobody. soldiers arent heroes theyre people that want to survive stop glorifying the war and the us like we won a call of duty campaign. America wants its own people to die and they want to capitalize on it.

the military is for fuckn weirdos that like supporting oil tycoons and if youre forced to join then you have my utmost respect as that fucking sucks.

if ur gonna talk shit at least have something to back it up how many one arm pullups can you do, how longs ur planche, front lever etc? oh you cant do any of these things because youre a couch politician, soldier, and patriot i forgot. focus on something useful in your life. america doesn’t wanna suck your dick

• Ejh3k@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

I was in my second week of basic training when 9/11 happened, so don’t give me shit about supporting oil companies.

I did my time. 15 months in baghdad in 03 and 04. Got hit with 13 IEDs, shot at nearly every day. You just don’t have a clue what you are talking about.