• spittingimage@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You wouldn’t be assuming that everyone on Lemmy is American, would you? Because I lost my shit over that too.

• Blubber28@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m Dutch myself so nope, not assuming so XD

Nevertheless, as a European, it is my continental duty to shit on Americans, which is (partially) why I made the meme :P

• Ejh3k@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Hold the fucking phone bud. You can shit on America all you want, but don’t. Think you can shit on Americans all you want.

It was Americans that saved you all in ww2. We are mostly good and decent people.

But, I have never in my life seen raisins anywhere near Mac & cheese. I’ve never seen olives near it either.

• Nythos@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Why do uptight Americans always go straight for “we saved your arse in WWII” whenever they feel the slightest bit offended someone riffed their country a tiny bit.

• Ejh3k@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Oh? The greatest credible threat to the world? Not saying that dropping two nukes on the country that invaded and raped or killed uncountable numbers of people is heroic, but without us and the lend lease, Europe was fucking done for.

Also, none of us say arse.

Thirdly, we fucking did save your ass in ww2. Also in ww1. I’m literally never the ugly American in public, I’ve had Turkish taxi drivers in German ask me why I want to go to the American army base because I’m so not that person.

But give credit where it’s due.

• sock@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

ur funny

you saved nobodies ass and its EMBARRASSING youre taking ANY credit when you probably ask for help getting a milk jug out of the fridge.

you saved nobody. america now has saved nobody. soldiers arent heroes theyre people that want to survive stop glorifying the war and the us like we won a call of duty campaign. America wants its own people to die and they want to capitalize on it.

the military is for fuckn weirdos that like supporting oil tycoons and if youre forced to join then you have my utmost respect as that fucking sucks.

if ur gonna talk shit at least have something to back it up how many one arm pullups can you do, how longs ur planche, front lever etc? oh you cant do any of these things because youre a couch politician, soldier, and patriot i forgot. focus on something useful in your life. america doesn’t wanna suck your dick

• Ejh3k@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

I was in my second week of basic training when 9/11 happened, so don’t give me shit about supporting oil companies.

I did my time. 15 months in baghdad in 03 and 04. Got hit with 13 IEDs, shot at nearly every day. You just don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

• negativeyoda@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I will go on record as saying I don’t give a shit if there’s pineapple on my pizza. I wouldn’t order it that way, but I’ll enjoy a pineapple, jalapeño, ham pizza if a slice is put in front of me.

Raisins in Mac and cheese… I can imagine it’s probably tasty enough, but the rubbery consistency of raisins in tandem with sticky pasta is what I find revolting

• Dkarma@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I love raisins and even I think this would taste like shit.

I do love me some Hawaiian tho and raisins are bomb in a biryani… Fight me 🤣

• scottywh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Bacon is a tastier option than the ham… It’s actually my favorite combo of pizza toppings in fact.

• stolid_agnostic@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Today I learned that this thread is real and not a meme. I honestly thought people were joking about raisins in Mac n cheese.

• vivadanang@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

There are plenty of americans who feel that pineapple on pizza is a crime.

• ZombiFrancis@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Raisins? Pff. Never heard of that. Frozen green peas though? That’s where it’s at for the boxed Mac and cheese.

• Peaty@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Onions makes sense though as cheese, onions and pasta are a normal combination but raisins?

• zalgotext@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Apples and cheddar? Pear and brie? Peaches and balsamic?

Sweet + tangy + savory is an incredibly popular combination, so Mac and cheese + raisins isn’t all that unusual.

Also it’s subjective. You don’t have to like it, but it shouldn’t be surprising that other people do.

• Peaty@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Sweet and tangy with the presence of acids and moisture from the fruit are a good combo but guess what raisins don’t have?

• zalgotext@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

You ever have a charcuterie board? Dried fruit and cheese are staples there, and neither are particularly moist.

I’ll say it again, it’s ok to not like a particular thing, but you shouldn’t be surprised when someone else does. Everyone’s tastes are different.

• theragu40@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I don’t get it.

Is raisins in Mac n cheese like, a big thing in other countries and us Americans just don’t get it? If so I guess more power to you, that is news to me. I’d try anything once but I don’t really like raisins to begin with so it’s a bit of a tough sell.

And yes, pineapple on pizza is delicious. I’ve seen some truly abhorrent pizza toppings from elsewhere in the world, so I don’t think we have some kind of monopoly on those crimes.

• Tak@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Ugh. Pineapple on pizza was created in Canada.

If you wanna throw shade at us go to deep fried Twinkies or something.

• Vej@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I’m going to take one for the team and make this.

I also love pineapple on pizza.

• tacosplease@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

The problem with Pineapple on pizza is that everyone thinks ham goes with it. That’s ok, but pepperoni and pineapple is so much better, and nobody ever gets to try it because of “Hawaiian” pizza.

• joemo@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I think what also turns people off of pineapple on pizza is some places do these huge chunks of pineapple. Smaller chunks are better as they actually cook down a little and are delicious.

I am also part of the pineapple and pepperoni game. I would also recommend trying pineapple and Italian sausage if you like Italian sausage.

• neryam@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

This, also bacon and pineapple 🤤

Or go full Hawaiian with crispy spam and pineapple…

Ham is bottom tier tbh

• Someone@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Finally someone’s brave enough to say the truth about ham.

The only reason I enjoy eating ham on meat lovers or Hawaiian pizza is because it’s pizza and it doesn’t disassemble well.

• GratefullyGodless@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

My wife loves a good 3 P pizza as she calls it…Pineapple, Pepperoni, and Peppers (green). She orders one at least once a month.

• oatscoop@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I always like people gatekeeping pizzas that use toppings other than the traditional Italian ones.

… ignoring the fact that tomato sauce is from the Americas.

• Vej@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Not dead yet, didn’t make it. I don’t have cheese right now.

• yaminoEXE@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Canadians breathing a sigh of relief when everyone blames America for pineapple on pizza instead of them.

• CADmonkey@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I wondered if it might be because of you lot. Pineapple is typically paired with canadian bacon (ham) on pizza.

• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I didn’t like pineapple on pizza until a coworker did pineapple and jalapeno.

The sweet/spicy combination was pretty great.

• Wage_slave@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

We can only protect ourselves on the merits of ginger beef and the ceasar for so long…

• Wage_slave@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

While I can go both ways for the mayo on the burger debate, not often you hear that it’s the best part.

A&W is where I go for the mayo on burger goodness. Even the mozza sauce is just thousand island with more mayo essentially.

• poinck@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I just want to confirm, that raisins do not belong anywhere! I rather have pineapples in my cheesecake.

• AdmiralShat@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

There’s a big difference.

One you’re putting berries on cheese with carbs

The other you’re putting berries in cheese with carbs

See the issue?

• michaelrose@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Straight to hell all the way to the bottom of hell with you with nothing to eat until the end of time except mac n raisins.