I always have it open on my Android phone, and I actually even installed it as a PWA on my Windows 11 PC. I can snap it to the side and pull up my Lemmy feed anytime and get the same experience on phone and PC. I really appreciate your clearly highly skilled efforts and your admirable work ethic @aeharding@lemmy.world .

I’d encourage anyone that is using and enjoying the app with it’s rapid-fire updates and developer involvement to consider popping over to his Github sponsor page at https://github.com/sponsors/aeharding to buy this gentleman a cup of coffee or three. Hopefully we’re not wearing you out with all the ideas and requests and reports… it speaks to the level of engagement and enthusiasm you’re creating for your expanding user base. Thank you!

• simo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I prefer Memmy right now but wefwef is just as awesome.

One major thing I’d like is tapping the top bar to return to the top after scrolling down.

One minor, which no app has yet is auto marking as read as you scroll past posts (no upvoting, no image opening or opening comments).

Just pure, lazy scrolling like Apollo

• Streetdog@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Both wefwef and Memmy made huge improvements just last week since I started using them. I feel like both devs don’t get much sleep. There’s other people who contribute too. Kinda mind blowing.

• Dick Justice@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m pretty sure wefwef is just one person. I only saw aeharding on Github (but that was yesterday).

• Streetdog@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yes they are just one person I think. But the project has some pull requests by other parties as well, and I didn’t want not to give them credit for their contribution. They are all awesome.

It’s insane how fast these updates come tho.

• python@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I weirdly like Wefwef, even as an Android user who has never touched Apollo. It just feels responsive and my eyes have an easy time with the layout.

• dooger_chogany@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Without knowing too many details, I believe it won a bunch of UX design awards and its previous user base (which included me) is quite loyal. So it makes sense. 💡

• garretble@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Craig even name dropped Apollo a few times in the last WWDC keynote (only for the app to obviously die this weekend. Womp.)

• shinjiikarus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have very mixed opinions about PWAs. Philosophically I love them (remember the Ubuntu phone? That would have been my iOS alternative!). But in practice most aren’t done very well and feel like a browser bookmark that has been opened from the home screen. But wefwef feels outright native, totally impressive!

• 💡dim@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Personally not a fan as my launcher (aio) does not support homescreen icons

Pwa’s are great, if you have a traditional homescreen

• nathalie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Really enjoying the app, it makes me feel as if I’m still using Apollo. The speed at which new updates are getting released is incredible.

The only thing that keeps tripping me up is that on Apollo I could swipe back from a post to my feed from the right side of the screen (as in from slightly to the left of the right border of the screen all the way to the right border). Now I’m forced to use my left hand or reach all the way over with my right hand to swipe back.

• RÅSS@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The consistent and pretty rapid updates wefwef is getting is sort of amazing to me, and it’s a pleasure to use!

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Pretty rapid? This mf pushes 3-6 updates a day. I know their sleep schedule at this point by the gap in updates

• Dalinar@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I wouldn’t mind being able to ignore it for X days, I don’t need to update that frequently.

• StackedTurtles@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Same. I’m really impressed by the quality and speed of development. It’s quickly becoming by most used app - taking the spot from Apollo.

• techgearwhips@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

They even found a way to implement swipe to upvote/down vote/comment just like a Apollo. This is definitely the best Lemmy app at the moment. Just have a problem with commenting sometimes.

• extragreenolive@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I like wefwef so far but I can’t figure out how to block communities. I was able to on Connect. Also wish I could turn off the swipe shortcuts.

• Sprinkled3450@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Apologize but I wasn’t able to locate the privacy policy. Does wefwef keep any logs or data regarding users activities?

• wr90@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Pretty good. Some things work that don’t work in jerboa. Like jerboa more though for snappier experience.